An approach as unique as every adult with IDD.
At Daymark Living, we treat learning in a holistic and individualized way, recognizing that everyone’s life goals are different. That’s why we’ve built our programming around six Dimensions of Wellness that, together, improve our resident's quality of life.
Click on the icons to explore each dimension.
Dimensions of Wellness
- Developing awareness and acceptance of your feelings
- Promoting positive and enthusiastic thoughts about yourself and your life
- Realistically assessing your limitations, developing your autonomy and coping effectively with stress
- Maintaining satisfying relationships with others
- Expressing feelings freely and managing feelings effectively
- Recognizing the need for regular physical activity and good diet and nutrition
- Promoting the development and understanding of good habits and hygiene.
- Building physical strength, flexibility, and endurance
- Following safety precautions
- Taking personal responsibility and care for minor illnesses and knowing when professional medical attention is needed
- Recognizing your search for meaning and purpose in human existence
- Developing an appreciation for the depth and expanse of life and natural forces that exist in the universe
- Achieving a peaceful harmony between internal personal feelings and emotions amid moments of pleasure and joy, as well as doubt and disappointment
- Striving to make your actions more consistent with your beliefs and values
- Building your intellectual and creative curiosity to actively expand and challenge your mind
- Discovering the potential for sharing your gifts with others
- Pursuing growth and stimulation through intellectual and cultural activities in the classroom and the community
- Exploring issues related to problem solving, creativity and learning
- Pursuing personal interests and reading books, magazines and newspapers, while keeping abreast of current issues and ideas
- Recognizing personal satisfaction and enrichment in your life through work
- Contributing your unique gifts, skills and talents to work that is both personally meaningful and rewarding
- Staying involved in activities that are gratifying for you through your choice of profession, job satisfaction, career ambitions and personal performance